Submitted: 05-22-2001 by Doug

My son and I found two of these on our doorstep at Christmas. I was leery because I was used to paddling a Perception Sea Lion with a rudder and liked that boat. With Adirondack lakes frozen until early May, we headed to Chesapeake Bay in April to try the new boats. Another of my sons came, so we took the Sea Lion too. I was pleasantly surprised! The Breeze boats were so easy to paddle, even for my son who has some disabilities. The only drawback I noticed on the first trip was with a quartering bow wind, I got wet from spray. My older son in the Sea Lion stayed dry. Since the ice went out up here I've been out whenever possible. The last two nights have been windy, but the boat does OK. Still getting some spray though. It takes work to quarter the waves, but it cuts well and bobs like a cork when the water gets real rough. I'm very impressed with the stability. Especially getting in and out of the boat.