Submitted: 05-22-2001 by ericnyre

When I first looked at this boat, I knew it was going to be fast. 7.5 m.p.h according to my GPS. Dip the paddle in the water and instantly go 4.5 mph. Start to paddle, and it jumps to 5.5 mph. A nice cruising speed will bring 6.5, and an all out blast will hold 7.5 m.p.h. for 30 seconds. All this in a shallow lake, at 5,300 feet elevation!

Stability!!! Normally when I hop into a racing boat, there is a balance game. Not here! I was out in 2' powerboat waves, and the boat was incredibly stable. I never needed to brace.

Extreme speed and awesome stability, what more could one ask for in a cruising solo canoe. The boat is not legal for racing (it is too narrow), but for getting out on the water, it is bliss!

Disadvantages? This boat was not designed for whitewater or tight rivers. It was made to go forward, and to carry some gear while doing it. My test boat had the seat frame moved too far to the rear, so that the seat was all the way forward to be slightly bow heavy when still, but a nice trim when underway. We-no-nah also put in their new "wide butt" plastic seats, which are comfortable for sitting, but do not allow for kneeling. I prefer the smaller Kevlar seats, so I can change paddling positions if my back is bugging me.

I think the best comment about this boat, was the smile I had on my face when I was keeping up with a great paddler, and he was in an Olympic K-1!