Submitted: 05-22-2001 by Fish

The Piccolo is an outstanding small sea kayak. It is designed as a scaled down version of a sea kayak. It is short, light weight, and the overall performance is excellent. Very good initial and secondary stabilty, quite fast for its length, and the tracking is great. I had done some research and asked a number of experienced kayakers before buying the Piccolo. All of the responses were the same, this is one of the best (if not the best) kayaks for children (or even a small adult). I have taken it out for a few short trips to the ocean in moderate wind and waves and the performance was great. I feel very comfortable having my children in with me in this kayak. They do not have any trouble keeping pace with us, and they really enjoy it. This one will be around for a long time. The kayak is reasonably priced, comes complete with two floatation bags, additional padding and a small day hatch. Overall a 10.