Submitted: 05-22-2001 by CGUY

I bought the plastic Eclipse. I don't have a lot of experience to draw from and can't say I've tried lots of others. Yes, it's tippy. Yes, it weathercocks but I can't decide if it does this more so than others in the same category. Responds quickly to the rudder. Had it out in 20-30 mph winds and a little rudder did the trick. Seems very fast and for it's size is pretty responsive. I'm about 6' and 195-need to drop 20. The legroom is huge. I've got the footpegs adjusted nearly all the way to the back. Wish they had half-stops for better fit but a little padding will take care of that. Yes, at 17' and 65 lbs it's a handful to load and I haven't found/figured out where to store it 'cept in the garage for now. I carry around a large plastic painters bucket to use as a step stool. Doubles as my storage bucket for many items. I planned a tour with 3 others on Jackson Lake in Grand Teton park at end of June and will have better idea then on how it does.