Submitted: 05-22-2001 by CGUY

I've been renting and trying what I can, which isn't easy in Utah. Tried the Ocean 149; large hatches & great storage but it doesn't perform well. I've read every review around on the Carolina and others. Bought the '01 Carolina with rudder and new hatches. Would be nice if it tracked a little better and that's why I knocked off a point. But it's pretty responsive to corrective paddle strokes and responds well to the rudder. Speed is on par with other recreational touring boats in this class. Better equipped than many I've been looking at. Responds well to the built in braces and leans. Use a little silicon spray on the hatch covers and they'll slip on easily. It's spot-on for what I purchased it for, which was mostly for the family. I bought a plastic Perception Eclipse for myself.

Talic: