Submitted: 05-22-2001 by craig

I bought this kayak sight unseen from an ad in a small paper. We live and boat in Central Washington State and wanted something to play around in. The Loon 111 is used by my wife, my daughter (who paddles her Alaskan Husky in it), my son and his pals, and anyone who wants to go paddling from the lake house where we keep it. As a first boat for recreational use I highly recommend it. It is comfortable for almost any size adult, you can seat a toddler in front of you (or dog), you can pack camping gear for an overnight. We have tried other rec. kayaks and have never paddled anything in this size range that glides or moves as easily as this one does. It turns well (especially if put on an edge) and it is VERY comfortable with a high seat back. We use this kayak for first-timers all the time and they take right to it. For my son's (18) first kayak ride, I put him into the boat while it was on the dock, and then pushed him off the end and into the water. He wobbled for a second, and then paddled away... yelling "COOOOOOOOL".