Submitted: 05-14-2001 by kawat9
Perception Sierra. Great kayak. Took me a year to make up my mind, tried all different models and styles. Finally decided on the Sierra for several reasons: weight (I have bad arms), cockpit size (at 5'8,200+ & 50+) I needed something that would let this ungraceful being inside, stability, (I don't want to fall out and if I do, can I get back in), handling, (can I keep up with my friends in their 18 footers). The answer to all that is a definate YES!!! I would recommend this boat to anyone that can't make up their mind. It is extremely stable, handles easily and I can load it on top of my car by myself at the end of a long day on the water. It is big enough to have fun on the big lakes, sure the 18 footers beat me in speed but I can turn quicker, have more fun with the boat wakes and carry mine by myself. AND I can get into areas they can't. I paddle mostly Sierra & No. Calif lakes. In a quandry about which kayak to buy? I think you will be happy with this one.