Submitted: 05-11-2001 by afolpe

I've only had the Thunderbolt for a few weeks now, but I'm frankly awed by the speed of this boat. It will legitimately cruise at 6.5-7 knots and I haven't yet come close to figuring out its top speed. Although my initial impression was that the boat was staggeringly tippy at rest (and it's still pretty tippy), I've been very impressed by how stable it really is under speed, for a boat that is maximum 18'' wide, and mostly 14'' wide. Craftsmanship is superb and it rolls very easily. Only complaints would be that it is very tough to fit with floatation, owing to the split and very long bow and stern. Also, Doug Bushnell can be a bit prickly to work with, and I probably would insist on certain safety features, like rear rigging for a float rescue (see above under Wave Exceed) that he is very reluctant to provide. Also, the boat comes in any color you like- as long as it is ungelcoated carbon/kevlar green! All in all, a fantastic speed machine that you will be able to grow into for years. Highly recommended.

Witz Sport Cases: