Submitted: 05-03-2001 by samelnyk
I would echo all of the comments previously made. This is a well built, highly stable boat that tracks well and handles the beam waves well (or as well as I am willing to let it). Beginning in 2000, several problems with this boat were fixed -- specifically the system for raising and lowering the rudder. Yet, this boat does suffer from certain annoyances. There is no simple tie-down for the rudder to facilitate transportation. This could be done so easily. The rudder pedals have no bungee system so that they do not slip around. I went out today for the first paddle of the year -- yeah! I had to spend time reaching under the deck so that I could push the right pedal back down (it had crept up). The fiberglass, while a work of art, really does scratch too easily.

Yet, this is a great boat. Isn't it strange how my two favorite boats are Current Designs (the Solstice and the Gulfstream)? This speaks volumes about the quality here. A good boat -- consider it seriously.

New York Kayak Co.: