Submitted: 04-30-2001 by Joe

I have had my Spike for a little over seven years now. Before the purchase I spent day after day looking, reading and trying various brands. For the money invested I can say without question, that this is a wonderful boat. I have used it in the surf out in California, at Lake Tahoe on a bad day (lots of white-caps), and on numerious other lakes in and out of California. I have never had any trouble or difficulties at all. The lines are very clean and in all honesty, this boat just has the look...it looks like it will perform and it does. I hear people complain about the lack of inititail stability but you will get used to it. That secondary stability is great and helps this boat perform well...it takes some work to get it to dump. The tracking I feel is excellent and I have no complaints. I do have the rudder which is a nice feature for real windy days..but is not necessary. For an all around kayak with good handling, decent speed and stability I would recomend this model to anyone looking for a good all around boat that can handle a multidude of waters. It's safe, comfortable and most of all it's fun to paddle. If your in the market, you owe it to yourself to check this one out before you buy.