Submitted: 04-25-2001 by scott

I work and live overseas and bought the Greenland II so that my wife and I would be able to have a 2-person watercraft with us wherever we went. Since we purchased it, I would estimate that something has broken in the boat one out of every three or four outings. The resin used in the plastic on this boat was extremely brittle and in addition to having a cross-piece snap the first time the boat was used I have had three other failures. One of the bladders leaked from day one until I fixed it when I got back to the states. The paddles are brittle, heavy and clunky - both have cracked in minimal use. I'm embarrassed to take the boat out with friends to whom I have to admit how much the thing set me back. Boat used in slack water only really. Two outings on Class I "white" water resulted in one broken hinge, one broken bow, and a cracked paddle. The only reason I give the boat a 5 and not less is that FOLBOT has been good about sending me replacements - except that it must seem to them that I'm throwing their product off of overpasses onto freeways as opposed to treating it like the fragile porcelain object that it is. People rave about FOLBOT quality... Perhaps I got the Monday morning resin pour after the company picnic. I don't know.