Submitted: 04-16-2001 by rsmith9999

The Exceed was my first performance/racing boat. While I own a paddling business and can paddle boats of various manufacturers the Exceeds is my first choice to paddle. I've raced the boat in the 6 mile and 12 mile events at the Captiva Classic on several occassions and have finished no worse than second in my class and 6th overall. The boat tracks great, surfs well in a following sea and with practice handles beam seas well. It rolls easily even with a wing paddle. It is a very comfortable boat given it's purpose in life. The materials and workmanship are first class and it is easy to build a bond with this boat. I recommend having Doug install rigging behind the deck for use in a paddle float re-entry should a roll fail. This is simply an added safety recommendation as I've never had to do a combat roll in the boat. I'm looking forward to paddling Doug Bushnell's new "Thunderbolt".

Sealline: