Submitted: 04-16-2001 by lance@viclan.com

I purchased a diamante in the fall of 2000. I was impressed with its handling capabilities, as I wanted to use it for fishing the flat shallow water in Florida. After several local trips I had to modify the back rest as it was totally ineffective. it would twist up and under leaving my back against the coping. I added a hinge to the seat base to backrest and this solved the problem. On a trip in Florida the seat bracket broke through the top of the kayak leaving one side of the seat unsecure. The kayak was still usable but had a gaping hole in the fiberglass next to the cockpit. The seat bracket was attached directly through the wall of the boat with no extra support or bracing. Since the fiberglass is no more than a 1/16" thick it quickly gave way with repeated use. The seat itself also cracked giving me a nice pinch on the backside of my thigh. Since I was lucky enough to purchase through a reputable dealer, I was able to get credit for my full purchase price and upgrade to a Necky Looksha. The quality difference is obvious now that I have experience in what to look for in construction techniques. For what it is worth, the retailer expressed concern that Impex/Formula (the manufacturer of the diamante) would not honor a manufactures guarantee and they were going to be "stuck" with the returned, defective kayak. My advice: stay away, huge disappointment, 8-(