Submitted: 04-12-2001 by Gerrold Adler

I bought the WS II (plastic) XL a few months ago on the secondary market. I did not realize that it was made for the XL paddler. I would probably fall out in a roll, and that is fine. I don't think I can snap it anyway. I do not have large feet, but I appreciate the prior comments on toe room. A friend (important) and I recently installed the SealLine SmartTrack pedal system. It's a godsend, but installation is best done by two. The boat's speed is more than adequate. It is easy to maintain 4 mph, and it handles wind waves and swells pretty well. I have not seen a kayak 15 feet or longer which handles well in wind or seas without a rudder. That's why it comes with one. It is a bit heavy but the plastic will take a lot of punishment. A trailer eliminates the need to car-top it and keeps the salt water off of the car paint. I haven't loaded it yet, but it does have lots of room.