Submitted: 04-09-2001 by kayaker75

I Purchased the 'Bandit' after quite a bit of research but, because it was a new model and I had to order it without actually seeing it, did not paddle it before I took delivery. I was sold on it just by studying catalogs from 5 different boat manufacturers. I figured at 9'4" and with a paddler weight rating of 250 pounds, I could fit my 6'0" 220 pound frame into it. WRONG! I absolutely loved the boat. I took it on the water for about 20 to 30 minutes and found that it was unbelievably stable, tracked great, had good speed, awesome maneuverability, was good looking, and an all around great boat. But defintely NOT for paddlers my size. There was no way I could spend a whole day crammed into that boat. But, it truly broke my heart to have to return it. I was lucky that I went through a great outfitter who gave me a full store credit and allowed me to trade up to a bigger boat. Larger paddlers should look elsewhere, but for smaller paddlers I heartily endorse and highly recommed the 'Bandit'.

Squid Anchor: