Submitted: 04-02-2001 by Keith

I have owned a kevlar CD Extreme for 5 months. Previously I owned and used an Eddyline Sea Star for 5 years. The Sea Star is a very straight tracking boat. Compared to the Sea Star, the Extreme does not track well. It has significant rocker. It turns easily and is put on edge easily. The rudder deployment and retraction is extremely easy (unlike CDs previous design.) I use the rudder whenever I feel I am working too hard on one side to balance wind or current. The Extreme is very well designed, stable in 3 foot waves, with winds gusting into the low 20s. I purchased the "high volume" model since I do regular multi-day camping trips in South Florida. CD quality workmanship is evident throughout the boat. My only criticism is the size of the cockpit. This is a large boat at 18'11". I am 6'1" and 190#. It seems to me that the CD designers could have made the cockpit 2" longer without sacrificing design. That would make the boat much easier to enter and exit for larger persons.