Submitted: 04-01-2001 by Brian Kuszmar

Very pleased with Scupper Pro TW. Live in Lauderdale By The Sea, Florida and have 3 decent reefs right off shore so it is perfect for diving, snorkeling and fishing. Seems to track well, initial stability very good, turns well, etc. I do not use a rudder and find that proper paddeling technique allows you to do without one. Due to our weather and water tempetures in Florida SOT's seems to be far better suited than traditional Kayaks. I have plans on doing the 100 mile wilderness waterway trip in this SOT, also bought a second one too bring someone along so I have someone to talk to. I would allow the Scupper Pro a 10 rating though not having any experience with other SOT's I am unable to. The 8 is based on the fact I cannot imagine any others being much better. Anyone interested in doing some Snorkeling of diving on the local reefs here email me.