Submitted: 03-22-2001 by Chrish

I was looking for a good introductory whitewater boat & lucked out finding a used AQ2. Research reveals it is very similiar to the more current Animas in length, width, volume & overall profile. If I ever get the chance to put my AQ2 beside a new Animas I think they will be tough to tell apart. I think Dagger just gave the old AQ2 a facelift & slightly bigger cockpit opening to come up with the popular Animas. Anyways, this boat fits me perfectly @ 6'2' & 220lbs, was a little tight at first under the thigh braces, but now I appreciate it. The boat paddles easily, turns even easier, & I expect my future paddling & learning experiences to reflect what everyone says about the Animas. Good learning tool, easy to roll, great big water boat. Unless someone tells me otherwise, the AQ2 is the much overlooked father of the Animas! Happy paddling & don't get sucked into thinking a newer boat is a better boat...there is alot of life in these older boats if you find one in good shape.

New York Kayak Co.: