Submitted: 03-16-2001 by Steve Stephens

I bought my Coleman Ram-X 15 in June of '75, from K-Mart in Wichita, Ks. It has been on top of 3 different truckcampers and a statiowagon and the weight is only a minor problem when loading/unloading. I have never had to portage more than about 1/2 mile so really found the lbs to be something to have to worry about. I was in the US Navy in Jax, Fla with my boat floating and paddling the St. Johns river and the backwaters in the area for 3 years. Tess (my boat), earned my respect for solid strength and duribility there by oilcan flexing over many log stumps and submerged fenceposts while giving me the freedom and quiet times I sometimes needed to "Get Away!" I took Tess to Europe and added rowing locks to her after seeing some Dutch campers working a long punt boat on the slow rivers and canals. It was a grand experience to exchange times with all who ask about the Canoe as most had only seen Kayacks on their waters. It handily carried 2 adults and a child with gear for 2-3 day trips. It has floated the Med Sea, the Florida, Georgia, Virginia, Sea Coasts and the California, San Diego area Sea Coast and backwaters. She is very stable in all areas up to 2-3 foot waves without tipping unless taking them broadside. She has been fully awash filled with water, floating myself and a Teenage Son who insisted in standing on a seat to reach overhanging limbs for a butterfly. I "Love" this boat and recommend it to all Newbies as a pracitcal boat to learn and use when other boat are to costly, shifty, and harder to manage on low time paddlers.