Submitted: 03-16-2001 by Dave Young

Having done wilderness raft guiding in Alaska off and on for 20 years, I was sick and tired of beefing rafts, frames, etc. into floatplanes. I bought an Aire :ynx II with ethafoam floor when they first came out and have been overjoyed with its portablility, maneuverability, and toughness. The ethafoam floar is a bit bulky but I have done numerous solo trips with 8 days of gear and didn't pack lightly! You can't overload the thing. I am paddling Oregon now and just acquired another lynx II, but it has a ridiculous multipiece nonflexible floar. I originally felt it might cause less bruising in those shallow streams, if you know what I mean, but the pieces are awkward to handle and store. I would sure like to try their air cell floor. nonetheless I can't speak highly enough of this incredible product and the Aire folks are top notch to deal with.