Submitted: 03-12-2001 by John T.

I purchased my Pungo late last summer. I had never kayaked befor. It was supposed to be for my 17, 15, and 11 year old kids. We fight over it each time out. This fall and winter I used it on a very large lake for duck hunting. Thats right, DUCK HUNTING. The Pungo will hold me, my American Water Spanial and about 10 decoys very comfortably. I had to teach my dog not to stand in the kayak as the craft becomes very unwieldly. But once shee understood that she must lay or sit between my legs it handled great. I would beach the kayak and command her to "sit" while went out about 30 yards to place the decoys. Once we set upthis way she did the retrieving. I plan to use my pungo for fly fishing on the lake for lake trout this spring. I must say that even in the cold wind on the lake I always felt secure. And I ALWAYS had my life vest on.