Submitted: 03-05-2001 by AJ

Having paddled sit-on-tops for years, (mostly Ocean Kayak) I was curious when I heard they were making a sit inside Finally, a couple of weeks ago I got to check one out. When I first saw the SI149 it was obvious it was an Ocean Kayak. Anyone who knows what a Scupper Pro is will notice the similar look, same hatches and same basic shape. From there things change, this boat has a large cockpit, 2 pro hatches, 2 unique bulkheads and a seating system that uses the same plastic foam backrest and seat as the sit-on-tops. This kayak is cool! Once I got my feet in position it was very comfortable and on the water it was too fun!!! It is probably the most natural feeling kayak I've paddled. It tracks great, turns easily, trys to surf on the smallest chop and even rolls without a problem. For their first sit inside kayak OK did better than OK.