Submitted: 03-01-2001 by SLC

I Looked at many boats for months. I was prepared to pay higher price and was skeptical about going with a rudder. My gut kept bringing me back to the Cypress. I had a choice of 3 Cypress boats, two without and one with rudder. No pressure from the sales team at my outfitter, as a matter of fact, very helpful. My gut told me to go rudder! So I did.

The day after I bought the boat I was treated to surprising warm temps, sunshine, but moderate windy conditions. So I found a local lake, and enjoyed my new Dagger! I got to try this boat in calm and moderate winds, with and without the rudder. WOW! Tracks great, turns tight, stable even in crosswinds and crosscurrents. Someone in one of these reviews said the rudder becomes part of the personality of the boat. Well, yeah..and the boat became one with me too! Nice concise package, with quickness and manueverability. I agree with others...this is a light touring boat, not just a rec boat. Oh yeah, treat yourself to a rudder upgrade...you'll just smile even more as your gliding along on the water.

At 6' tall, I also found the boat hull and deck to open up once on the water. Plenty of room. Paddled 2.5 hours straight (in the wind) with no break. My legs and back still felt great.

All of the Daggers I saw during my search had high attention to detail and a price point that is hard to beat. Not that other specifc brands didn't, but I saw consistency with Dagger that was impressive. Add to that the attractive price point, and what magic!