Submitted: 02-12-2001 by chad19

I paddled a fiberlar Rob Roy on Hillsborough River in Tampa on a calm day with 5 knot winds out of the east and a slight current. I used a 48 inch canoe paddle. I thought the boat was extremely fast for a canoe and the construction seemed top-notch. It is a beautiful boat. I plan on buying one. Very stable, and the secondary stability was pretty incredible. Turning was somewhat of a chore, but the boat is designed for speed. The waterline has to be more than 14 feet, which is about the same as many 16'+ kayaks. Very spacious and comfortable. Light and easy to handle. A bargain at $1200. The deck is similar to the fable Rob Roy but the hull is a shorter version of a Magic, Bell's popular solo tripper. Foot pegs seemed fine and the wood work was nice. Nice rope handles on the bow and stern. I would have given it a 10 but I think there may be some better decked canoes out there. Those canoes also come at a vastly increased price.