Submitted: 02-08-2001 by Roger Davis

Buying my Swifty is one of the best decisions I ever made. I have owned mine for two years now and have put many, many miles on it. It is not fast by any means, but it makes up for its lack of speed with its stability, toughness and maneuverability. I particularly enjoy paddling the Clinch, a shallow, island-strewn and rocky river in SW Va., and there the Swifty excels. It will float in almost no water, and is well suited to exploring the margins of the shore and narrow channels. It's easy to hop in and out to drag the boat over ledges and shoals. I routinely paddle 5 and 6 miles at a stretch and have had no problems whatsoever. I have also used it to introduce my kids to paddling. My only real complaint is that the seat back is not very comfortable, but that can be improved with aftermarket products.