Submitted: 02-06-2001 by Henry

I just purchased a plastic Capella. It is not the current triple-layered plastic but a new boat of the previous production made of superlinear polyethylene. I would concur with all of the previous reviews posted here. It is a great plastic boat. I've been paddling for about a year. I've taken several lessons and have rented Looksa Sports, IVs, Aquaterra Sealions and Perception Eclipses/Shadows. I think that this boat is at the top of the class. Very comfortable cockpit. Very good initial stability, excellent secondary stability. Handles boat wakes very well. Some weathercocking, but substantially less than the Looksha Sport. Constructed very well. The only negative that I've seen is the layout of the bungee cords behind the cockpit. As others have said, modifications have to be made to allow for securing the paddle in a paddle float self rescue. Otherwise, this is a great boat, particularly when comparing prices with the Lookshas and Perceptions, which are also good boats. It's 5-10 pounds lighter than the other boats. Check it out if you can.