Submitted: 08-22-2014 by Justin

I purchased my NC 17 Quest 7 months ago and I haven't been disappointed. This kayak tracks very well even in windy conditions and turns well when edged.

Because this was the first boat that I'd purchased in quite a while, I went with the following options: the lightweight layup, a hatch in the bulkhead, and a metal flake finish. This boat is very light, I can pick it up and put it on my shoulder with one hand. The primary stability is good, and the secondary is excellent. The bulkhead hatch allows me to put my tent and a camp chair in the front without having to disassemble my tent and I don't have to share the cockpit with my camp chair.

My boat is dark blue with gold metal flake, and it is a head turner. The gel coat finish is flawless, and the boat looks like its made of bronze in the sun. I was worried that I might not like the metal flake while paddling, but when I'm sitting in the boat I don't get any glare off of it.

Long story short, a 10 in my opinion, one of the best touring kayaks I've paddled.