Submitted: 08-17-2014 by Sp

My wife and I bought this kayak(our first) at Costco for a great price, and now we see why. While we do have fun out on the water, we are having the same flooding problems as a lot of you are. We initially thought that our weight difference was just too much and causing the back to dip down too much and take on water. There's a strange design for the rear carrying handle that seems to allow water to flow right in. It's as if it was purposely designed to take on water?

Anyway, the capacity says 475 pounds. I'm 200 and my wife is 125. Nowhere near the limit. We're going to try adding weigh to the front of the kayak to maybe even out the difference and hope that we don't flood again. Essentially, I sit in about 4 inches of water the whole time. Also, I'm going to try to fashion a "wall" for the rear handle gap and see if that works. I'll try to document my workflow in a "how to" sort of image sequence and let you all know if it works. Wish me luck!