Submitted: 01-22-2001 by jtorres

The specs for this boat specify it is made for medium to larger paddlers, and indeed most of the reviews are from folks 6’ and over. As a short female (5’3” and 150 lbs.) I can attest to Atlantis’ stability and maneuverability. I love this boat. Weathercocking can be a problem, especially for someone lighter but good tracking and secondary stability really cover for this weakness. The rudder is interesting and does require careful attention. I must be extra careful when loading and unloading off of my pick-up’s camper top so as not to bump the rudder. And I too have had problems with parts “popping” out. A few adjustments with a screwdriver and the problem was corrected. As a result I always carry a few tools around, even thought (because of excellent maneuverability) I hardy ever use the rudder.