Submitted: 08-11-2014 by jpicos

I had high hopes for this boat, but unfortunately it didn't meet them at all.
After reading a lot about what a great kayak it was meant to be, and how well it tracked even without the rudder as well as speed and playfulness I was very excited, however this is not the case.

My review on the following:

- Tracking: Tracking in any kind of wind and current requires a LOT of effort an attention, current correction, edging are required to keep it going straight, unless you deploy the rudder, which of course will impact a lot of other things. So with this in mind, I was very disappointed at the boat. Kind of defeats the purpose for me.

- Maneuverability: I had no problem turning the kayak, playing around in it, sharp turns on edge are not hard to do at all. Pretty good in this respect

- Stability: Great secondary stability. Initial stability is not as great but expected with the design of the boat.

All in all, I would not recommend the boat. There are better boats in this price range and I'm not convinced the design is good at all, I'll be very surprised to see this kayak take off without some serious modifications.