Submitted: 08-07-2014 by ftcricket

Just an update on my Skylark after a little over a year of use. It has become my go-to kayak for almost all my paddling here in Florida. It's just about perfect for the paddling I do 95% of the time - twisty spring runs, rivers, lakes, bays and estuaries. I can load, unload and carry her by myself which is a big plus. And after a year of not totally gentle use she looks almost as good as when I brought her home new. I've loaned her out to friends looking to purchase a kayak for similar use and at least two so far have also purchased Skylarks. I can't imagine a better boat for the day trips that we do.

My only real complaint in my previous review [07-25-2013] was about the seat and for the 2014 Skylark Eddyline has made some modifications that, for me, are an improvement.

If you are looking for a small, nimble, light boat for day paddles, you owe it to yourself to give the Skylark a test-drive.