Submitted: 07-30-2014 by DrewM
Really good kayak for the price! After borrowing a friend's Clear Water Leisure Affinity 8.6 for my wife to see if she'd enjoy kayaking, I bought this for her and we took it out for the first time yesterday to Slatersville Reservoir. The first thing she said after paddling for about 5 seconds was "Wow, this thing can move!" Well coming from the borrowed yak, this was an obvious improvement.

Very stable, tracks decently for a 10 footer. It does get moved easily by the wind being as light as it is. It has a good amount of features for the price range, though it would have been nice to have the back end open for storage. It is closed off by foam behind the seat, and there is only a small "dry hatch" in the rear. I'm not sure how dry it will stay in rougher waters, but it stayed dry for us. it's definitely not sealed in any way. The seat looks good, though my wife complained that she would have liked it to be a it higher.

All said, a very good beginner kayak for $220. (Missed the $199 deal at Dick's)