Submitted: 07-24-2014 by Patrick Cady

I recently purchased a Old Town Guide 119 canoe from Dick's Sporting of Erie,Penn. I had researched many brands and types of canoes before buying an Old Town. I am 57 years old and my biggest concern was the weight of the canoe. At 43 pounds, the Guide 119 was by far the main reason for purchase. I am also impressed with the material the canoe is made from (Polyethylene) as I find myself in not so still waters and also Portage a lot when I am camping and making River Runs.

This Canoe is much more than I had expected and I can honestly say that it will be the last boat/Canoe that I will ever need to purchase. It handles like a dream on lakes and the local rivers in my area. I bought it on July 4th, 2014 and in the 3 weeks I've owned it, I have used it every 2 to 3 days. I can just pop it on top my car and go. There is more than enough room for my camping gear and fishing gear.

I have owned many types of boats and Canoes in my life, and by far this has to be the one I enjoy most.
Thanks Old Town