Submitted: 07-22-2014 by MS

Not a fan of this little Otter at all! My wife and I purchased a couple of real budget kayaks from Walmart (Sun Dolphin Aruba 10') and fell in love with kayaking. As we meet more people we try out their kayaks and vice-versa. For a kayak that cost about double what we own I was excited to try out a "real" kayak.

First, the good... the seat seems decently comfy, the footrests and hull in general seem good and sturdy. The bad, no one can get this thing to track straight! It will wander all over the lake without any wind, add wind and it's another story! It's relatively unstable as far as rolling is concerned. Her first time out our friend dumped herself just making a minor seat adjustment (wedgie). Later on I offered to swap kayaks for the rest of our paddle about an hour or so and she couldn't believe how stable they were while I paddled her kayak around in circles (not quite)!

This may make this a better whitewater boat but I wouldn't recommend this to beginners!