Submitted: 07-21-2014 by MS

Two for one! I picked up two of these at Walmart with paddles for $500. The wife and I had wanted to try kayaking for a while and thought what better way than this. We have used them for 4-5 hour paddles now every weekend for a month in a local reservoir and they are far from perfect but are great for beginners!

Stable - VERY stable, we got in to float around and the first thing I did was try to find the tipping point (without dumping myself) and you can lean a considerable way without tipping and the point at which it does tip is pretty forgiving! Highly recommend this for beginners!

Kinda fast - I was paddling it around thinking it's broad hull wasn't very efficient and that I could go MUCH faster in something else. After trying a couple of friend's kayaks I found that it wasn't too bad, I couldn't go much faster or glide too much farther.

The foot perches are sturdy and the backrest feels good (beginners take a minute to figure out how to adjust these on shore, watch some YouTube vids), but there is no padding for your bum... We added a hunting seat for about $15 (inflatable foam), well worth it without sacrificing any stability!

Do we have plans to upgrade sometime? YEP, a little longer boat with hatches for camping and a little sleaker hull, but without these we NEVER would've dived into this sport! Just do it! Grab one of these and get out and paddle!