Submitted: 01-15-2001 by TW

I bought one of the first Prism's about 1993. It is Tuf-Weave center rib construction with aluminum trim and foot brace. I give it a 9 considering its a glass boat that weighs 50 lbs. The other layups would be better I'm sure. Mine is the least expensive model. But in the flatwater swamps and large shallow lakes and medium rivers I paddle it's great. You can really put some miles behind you. I paddle it sit'n switch with a bent shaft but it's not bad with a J or C stroke either. It tracks very well but with an outside lean will carve a nice although not very sharp curve. Waves or wakes are not a problem. It is qiute stable but with considerable tumblehome I dont lean it too far over. Easy to stand up in. I would get a lighter layup but this was my first solo and I'm quite attatched to it. It's just a little heavy lifting it up to the rafters in my garage, or if you have to carry it very far.