Submitted: 01-14-2001 by TW

I've had my Moccasin for about a year and a half. Its construction is flex core kevlar and weighs about 38 lbs. I paddle it mainly flatwater swamps, medium rivers with no whitewater and large shallow lakes. With no rocker it tracks well and is quite fast with a bent shaft but will also turn reasonably well if healed over. Its a nice boat if you kneel as the canted forward cane seat is a little high for sitting although you can if your knees need a break. It's primary stability is fairly low but secondary stability is good. Compared to my other solos, a Prizm, Rendezvuos, and Mad River Independence, It's slower than the Prism, faster than the rest, not as good for waves and wakes as any of the others and not as maneuverable as the Rendezvuos or Independence.It feels tippier than any of the others. I like it a lot as it's a good compromise between the Prism's speed and the Independence's maneuverabilty.