Submitted: 07-17-2014 by dougcornelius
I bought this tandem to take my kids paddling on the Charles River. My 9-year old sat in front and my 5-year old sat in the jumper seat between us. The jumper seat is just a foam chair, like a Crazy Creek chair, and does not fasten to the kayak.

The boat is heavy and a tough carry for one person. I ended up getting a Paddleboy trailer for the portages.
The seats are comfortable. The front seat slides forward and back on rails to make room.
The bulkhead on the back is just big enough to hold some supplies.
The boat is wide, so it's stable. That's a good trait when you have two kids on board.

With any kayak this big, wide and heavy, maneuverability is not one of its strengths. It lumbers, but not as poorly as I thought. I spent most of the time paddling in the back with little effort from my crew upfront. That worked just fine paddling down the slow moving Charles River.