Submitted: 07-12-2014 by kikazdrumr

A FUN boat! I purchased this 9 foot Dagger Zydeco just for smaller rivers with some moving water in Springtime as my 12 footer was just a bit much to handle in strong current. It is exactly what I needed.

It turns on a dime so I can miss those jagged edges and rocks that stick up just under the water level. It tracks like a nine-footer! Would love a drop down skeg but what's a few corrections among paddles?

It does push some water due to the rocker bottom but with a strong current it isn't so noticeable. In wind the stern catches but again, not real noticeable until over 5 mph winds.

All in all it's a great purchase, didn't break the bank (I got last years model with a small ding in it)and has just enough room in it for me to take pictures out of! This boat is just for a few hours or a day on the river exploring water-levels or new scenery, but I'd be willing to load it for any camping trip that was a day or two long. It even has a paddle holder though I wished it was on the right side just because I am right-handed.

There is no hatch but there is plenty of room behind the seat if I need to haul any dry clothing along. A great, light-weight, quick to get in the water, fun boat! Zydeco Music is 'fun music' so I can sure see where the name came from!