Submitted: 07-09-2014 by purplegardencat
I love my Tribute! It is my go-to boat for most of our creek and river paddles. It also can compete with bigger boats when we lake paddle.

As far as fit goes, yes it is marketed to a smaller person. I am 5'6" and weigh 140#. With the addition of 1 layer of thigh paddling on the inside where my thighs/knees touch the side of the boat, it is a perfect fit. With 10-15# of gear it seems to be the perfect weight for optimal boat performance. The cockpit opening is not real big. In order to not scrape my shins when getting out, I have to release the seat back although I do keep the seat as much forward as possible because that balances my weight so well.

Earlier this year I took this boat on a 5 mile WW trip that consisted of 100-300 yard standing waves that were class II-III. Some of the waves were about 4 feet tall and when I went thru them the breaking waves knocked me in the face and chest. The boat handled superbly and I did not swim. It will handle equally well in lake waves. I feel very confident and comfortable in this boat. Another big plus is that I can easily pick it up, sling it on my shoulder and carry it over uneven terrain.

I would not recommend this boat to anyone much bigger than I am.