Submitted: 01-11-2001 by gerbod

I am using a Dagger Delta which a friend bought over a year ago. He did not think it was fast enough. A previous reviewer mentioned that it is faster than you would think, and that is true. It also tracks better than you would think. While a rudder is a must on 15-footers, not much double-pumping is required with the Delta. The huge cockpit makes for ease of entry and exit and provides for ready access to your gear. I do miss the attaching eyelets on my sit-on-tops, but a dry butt in January is not a bad trade-off. The cockpit design makes for a dry ride except in large waves. The spray skirt deployment is pretty much a two-person job. The rear hatch is handy, as is the space behind the seat. The cup holder in this one must be for a Stanley mug. It won't keep a water bottle upright. I collect trash floating on San Diego Bay and have put some pretty large items under the deck forward. It is roomy. I have not found a really comfortable set-up for the seat. I am sure I'll get it. It is much harder on my rear than the Surf to Summit in my sit-on-tops.