Submitted: 07-05-2014 by Chris

This is my first kayak and I've had it now for over a year and I love it. The only reason I give it an 8 for ratings is that I can't stand up in it, but I knew I wasn't going to be able to when I bought it. Also another reason for the 8 is it only had 1 flush mount rod holder. I know the Ascend FS12T has two flush mount rods and another one in front but I have a friend who bought one and he says he wishes he would've gotten Pescador perception sport. We've got the same paddle and when ever were going to our fishing spot I always have to stop and wait on him to catch up. The Ascend is wider for more stability but if I can't stand in it then I wasn't to worried about losing a little stability. I can actually sit side saddle in my Perception and turn around and reach for things in the back. I'm not a little guy either. I weigh 240lbs and 6ft tall. So if you're looking to get your first kayak I would strongly recommend the Perception Sport Pescador 12ft.