Submitted: 01-10-2001 by Todd Jamison

I love my Scanoe. I bought it in 1995 for $100 from a kid who paddled it 3 times on a private lake. Apparently, his bratty little rich friends all had Sea Doos and made fun of him. I use it 50 times/year, mostly on slow moving Shenandoah River. I like the craft so much that I sold my other boats. I often flyfish alone and enjoy motoring upstream (17 lb. thrust Minn Kota) a few miles and drifting back. I usually stand to cast and have yet to take a spill. For a counterweight I put three 5 gal. buckets in the front and fill them with river water (approx 120 lbs.) - then I dump the water when I am done. I weigh over 250 lbs. with 40 lbs. of battery and motor in the back, so the counterweight is required. I load the boat onto a Toyota Camry using one of the one-man boat loaders I bought from Bass Pro Shops ($50). I should also mention that several of my large, often drunk, friends borrow my boat for goose hunting and they have never tipped.