Submitted: 07-05-2014 by Vicki

I have had my Pelican kayak's (3) for about six years. I live on Lake Huron and have spent most of my life on one boat or another. The material is Ram-X. It is 8 feet long and 26 lbs.

What I love about it:
I store all three straight up and down in the garage. (Easy to store and easy to get out.) I put the back seats down in my car and put the kayak in the trunk. Or can easily carry all three on my roof rack. Easy to throw in the back of our pick up truck.
I can lift it over my head to put it on the roof of my car (I am a woman 56 years old and only 5'2")
I lift it on end to drain the water out. I can carry it about a block on my shoulder but if I need to take it further I have wheels that come apart when I get there and fit in the nose of the kayak. Although most places I can get near the water because the kayak is easy to launch any where.
Have used it in waves with a friend who is an expert kayaker. I love waves.
I have met friends out in the lake in their sailboats and it easily pulls up over the side and stores on deck.
Snorkelling at a wreck in the St Clair river found from the kayak.
Easy to drag through brush or carry over logs.
Stable enough to go over a log just under the surface.

I have had my kayak out in the winter. The clear water and everything covered with ice is magic. Wild life in small creeks,rivers and lakes are amazing. I don't need much water!

I love the water and use the kayak to keep active. Simplicity is the secret to this kayak. Best day to day boat ever!