Submitted: 07-05-2014 by John

Paddling the distances required (sometimes 20+ miles) of open ocean, to hunt salmon in the cold waters of the nor-Cal Pacific coast, requires a special set of attributes for a 'yak. Must be stable enough to handle changing conditions miles from shore, yet fast enough to cover the distance. My T-15 Prowler fits the bill perfectly. I can use it an S.U.P. if I'm in warm flat water, and can handle 6' swells with ease. With an ample capacity of #550, and 6 good sized scupper holes, It has never foundered in rough water. The newer ones have the re-designed rod pod cover (a hugely useful hull access), that has scotty mount holes all over it. Quite an improvement, except why did they do away with the cup holder??? The downside is that this 15' plastic boat is heavy and cumbersome on land, the seat could be more comfortable (I had to double up the seat padding, and it absolutely needs the rudder. I installed one late last year, and after seeing the difference, I'll never go out on the ocean again without a working rudder. This boat is too long to handle well without it, as the front end gets pushed around a lot.