Submitted: 01-04-2001 by Ken P

I'm 200 lbs, 5'7", bought the boat to survey (for work) under docks and other waterside structures. It's now become my favorite boat period. . .take it paddling most evenings after work for an hour or so in San Francisco Bay. In the summer winds it will surf downwind beautifully. . .have been up to my armpits in foam and the boat runs out from under the wave really well. It tracks well on flatwater. Also tried Class II+ rivers. I'm not competent, but the boat did a lot better than an open canoe in the circumstances. Yes I flipped in the whitewater. More than once. Also I had a wave pop the spray skirt (in the river, never on the bay) and half filled the boat, so I've added velcro to the spray skirt and cockpit rim. It's only slow compared to other boats. . .I got around Alameda in 5 hours elapsed time (14 miles) but was tired. It's a great platform for photographing sailboat races.