Submitted: 07-02-2014 by li1wing
After working with a rental company using Vapors for the backbone of our kayak fleet, I bought two for my husband and my personal use. I love these boats. We're lake and river paddlers who like to cruise along checking out wildlife, but when we need to get from point A to B the Vapors move along nicely too. They track well, have a nice drybox for packing a picnic, and you'd have to make a serious effort to flip one. The large cockpit makes getting in and out easy for almost anyone.

I added a foam, wedge seat from the dollar store to make the seat more comfortable in mine, but my husband doesn't seem to mind his. Adjusting the seat back and the foot pegs is very simple. I've recommended the Vapor to a lot of folks looking to buy a rec boat. They're solid without being cumbersome, and even after a couple of years in the rental string, they don't show much wear beyond scratches on the bottom of the hulls from repeated put-ins and take-outs on the concrete ramp.

If I were going to replace mine I might go up to a Camden, another nice Old Town boat, but I have no plans to do so any time soon.