Submitted: 07-02-2014 by Bacaruda73

I recently purchased a Pelican Castaway 100 to introduce myself into the sport of Kayak Fishing. The Kayak serves it's purpose for a beginner such as myself. I did not want to spend a lot on a Fishing Kayak since I am a beginner. I just wanted to get my feet wet so to speak before I decide to upgrade to something larger with more options.

The Kayak is well equipped with accessories for a beginner. such as an adjustable rod holder and two recessed rod holders. It also came with a crisscross bungee lashing system for the rear deck to help hold down items securely. The kayak is very light weight and I can easily toss it in the bed of my truck. and since it is only 10 feet long I do not require a bed extension system to transport it. I just use a couple of ratchet tie downs and the boat is secure. I was a bit worried that the plastic construction might be weak but so far it has held up to the abuse that I have given it due to my low handling skill as a novice.

I recommend this Kayak for a beginner or as a gift to a Youth that wants to get into Kayak Fishing due to it's affordability and factory options.