Submitted: 07-02-2014 by dmodifiedstock
I bought the Dagger Specter new and have been moderately happy with this boat. I will admit that it is heavier than I prefer but this has had a least the advantage of less weather cocking than a lighter boat would have. The boat tracks well with or without the rudder engaged and rocker is not bad. It is a very stable boat both initially and secondarily. Not being as limber as I once was, I greatly appreciate the very generous cockpit opening. It make my entering and exiting the boat a much easier task. the thigh braces are too high for my 5 foot 10 inch frame and don't help at all. The seat is comfortable for long paddles. Dry storage is generous.

Having other kayaks to paddle, I don't use this boat as often as I used to but I have taken many beginning paddlers out for their first time ever in the Dagger Specter and their favorable first experiences were formed by having a safe and stable feeling.

I would recommend anyone looking for a good used, stable, durable and comfortable boat to buy a Specter.