Submitted: 06-16-2014 by Fred

If you need a long term review, here it is. I have had my Sea Eagle Paddleski 435PS since 2002 (12 years and counting!) and I love it. I mostly just use it as a kayak, though I do on occasion break out the rowing seat. I take my son and our dog out on the water all the time (he's not quite old enough to be much help paddling yet, but getting close.) I have made my own fishing seat for the boat, and I am kicking around adding a trolling motor for windy days (happens a lot in Nebraska.)

Pros:
Holds a fair amount of weight (I am 6'7" and 280 lbs) and is fairly fast for an inflatable. It is pretty dry unless you get crazy with the paddles, and very dry if you row. It can be used for a variety of things if you either invest in the various kits and attachments or spend some time modifying it yourself.

Cons:
Wind is an issue with this boat, as a headwind can slow you to a crawl and a side wind can make holding a course very difficult. The seats that came with it are not great, but they changed those a long time ago, so I don't know how the new ones are.

Overall I think it's a great boat, as I have had it for a long time and it has never had any leaks or punctures. Rowing is faster but, for me at least, not as fun as using the kayak paddles. Buy one with confidence, if you take care of it, it will last for a long time.